Friday, January 29, 2010

Answers!

Last week I gave the opportunity for you to ask me anything and I would answer. So, here goes....

Raelene said...
I have 2 boys as well, and people always ask me if I want to try again, and see if I get a girl. Do you wish you had a girl? Do you want more kids?

More kids? HA! No, seriously, I always thought that I wanted 4 but now that I have 2, I know that this is what I can handle. Plus, we want to be able to give our kids things that having 4 wouldn't financially allow us to do as soon as we would like (ie: Disneyland). Its kinda weird. When you are done, you just know. And I know in every fibre of my being that I am done. When I see a brand new baby I don't get that longing in the pit of my stomach like I did before we had Levi. Now when I see a new baby I think "Oh, so sweet, so tiny. So glad its not mine!" LOL

I would have loved a girl, but we got boys and I love having boys too. Girl stuff is so pretty and cute and all, but hey, I don't have to deal with all the peaks and valleys of teenage hormonal craziness!






The Tompkins Family said...
What's your most hated household chore? And one you enjoy? (if there is one!)


I really, really, really hate to wash dishes by hand. We didn't have a dishwasher growing up (my parents live in the country and there wasn't enough water pressure from the well to run one properly) and so that was the main chore shared between me and my sisters. We fought. We argued. We manipulated to get out of doing dishes. I will do them now when I have to, but let me be honest, I put everything that I possibly can into the dishwasher!

I actually quite enjoy vacuuming. Don't know why, I just do. Maybe the fact that I can't hear the kids fighting when I'm vacuuming....;)


CanadianMama said...
Okay, I want to know how you met your hubby and how you and Dee came to be friends and how your husband's came to be best friends LOL. Seems to like a tv show or something :)
Ok, well.....
Chris and I went to high school together. We weren't what you would call High School Sweethearts though. We did "go out" for a short while when we were both in school but it didn't last long. He was a grade ahead of me so while he was away at his first year of post-secondary we remained friends and right at the end of my Grade 12 year we started dating again and the rest they say is history. We will have been together 11 years this May and married 8 this coming September.

Dee and I met on moving in day at Augustana University College in our first year there. We lived directly across the hall from eachother in residence. We were friends then but actually didn't become close until the following year and each year following we became closer and closer. Now we are like sisters. Dee was my Maid of Honor in my wedding.

Layne and Dee got married in July 2004, where I was one of her bridesmaids. Chris and Layne didn't really become friends (other than knowing eachother through their wives) until September 2005 when Layne came to work at the same company Chris did. Turns out that Chris was the one to train Layne so they spent many long days together driving and got to know eachother. It didn't take too long and they were friends independent of Dee and I.

We are so fortunate to have a relationship like we do -where all 4 of us are friends, not just the wives being friends and the husbands just getting along. A once in a lifetime friendship, that's for sure.


Also, do you think you will go back to teaching full-time when Levi is in school?


Teaching full time when Levi is older. Now that is the million dollar question. Honestly I don't know. All I ever wanted to do was teach, then I did and I don't know anymore. I guess my priorities changed when I became a mom and the additional work and pressure involved in teaching is just really hard to balance with having a young family. The more I sub, the more I realize that I do miss aspects of teaching full time (like developing relationships with the kids and seeing them grow and change over the year(s) ).
But, I did have a really challenging year the year I was pregnant with Levi and the memory of that has tainted my view of being a part of a school staff full time. Hopefully with time that will change.
So, the short answer is " I just don't know."

Writer Mom said...
How are your Tuesday and Friday assignations coming along? :)"
Ok, well, this might be TMI but let's just say that scheduling time with your significant other when you have small children is a must. It has definitely made a change in our relationship! And I'll leave it at that. ;)

2 comments:

CanadianMama said...

great answers and you can vacuum anytime at my house if you want :)

Julianne Harvey said...

My question was very deftly answered. Well done. :)