We're back from our week of camping at Gull Lake. It was fantastic. We really couldn't have asked for anything better- the weather was unusually hot (about 30 degrees every day), no evening thunder storms, the beach close by and we figured out how to use our AC on 15 amp power!
Every day we woke up, had breakfast and headed down to the lake where we would meet up with friends and spend the day playing in the water, in the sand and just lounging around in the hot sun or warm shade. Most days we spent about 7 hours of the day at the beach. Lots of great conversations, fun activities and wonderful memories were made.
After the beach, we headed back to the trailer for supper, which was usually sandwiches as it was far too hot to start a fire to cook the meals I had planned. Then it was more time with friends visiting, riding bikes and playing at the park and making glowstick art in the air before everyone fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows.
It was a perfectly wonderful week and I can't wait to do it again next year at the same place with the same fantastic friends.
But now that we are home, we're back to reality. There's dishes to be done, floors to be vacuumed, laundry to be washed, appointments to attend..... I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of normal life, wishing I was sitting on the beach, drink in hand and a book on my lap.
Ah, well. My holiday hangover will soon disappear...
Saturday, July 07, 2012
- Summer is in full swing and we have been BUSY! We went to Ponoka last weekend for the Stampede and Luca's birthday. The weather was fantastic and we had fun at the parade, midway and my mom and I took in a rodeo performance.
- We came home for a day and then the boys and I headed to Lethbridge to spend a few days with Tasha and her girls. It was great to see them as always, but the boys' behaviour was less than stellar. Made for a long couple days with me constantly policing them. The next visit Tash and I have is going to be sans kids.
- I was going to donate blood while in Lethbridge but it turns out since I was in the Dominican in April, I can't donate for a full year. So, I will put donating blood on my 2013 goals list and try again. Unless I go somewhere tropical again to get out of doing it... ;)
- I don't think I've really mentioned it on my blog before too much but my BFF is moving to Houston, Texas when their here house sells. It makes me sad to think about. As often as we can, we try to spend quality time together. Today we had a great girls day that started with pedicures, then lunch with a slushy drink then something we've been talking about doing for ages....we got our noses pierced! Dee had hers done when we were at Augustana (cough...13 years ago...cough, cough) but it grew in many years ago. I'd never had mine done and have been wanting to do it for a while. So, I'm now sporting a cute little rhinestone stud in my nose. I was so surprised with how quickly it was done- literally it was a 2 minute process. That's not to say it didn't hurt, but it was fast! You only live once, right? And what's a little tiny hole in a nose anyway? Chris calls it my midlife crisis.... tee hee.
- Tomorrow we are taking our week of holidays this summer and heading out camping to Gull Lake. I took the month of July off from doula work so that we could actually enjoy some family time without the phone ringing. We also have friends camping there at the same time- Luca's kindergarten teacher and her family and some family friends. It should make for a fun week and hopefully some tired boys each night!
Posted by Jan at 10:58 PM