Friday, November 20, 2009

A great end to a crappy week

Today was a lovely day!

It started this morning with my darling hubby letting me sleep in - all the way til 830! When you have toddlers, you know that this is a blessing!

Then, I got a surprise call from my favorite girl in the world, Dee. She has been gone since last Friday to Saskatchewan to meet her brand new niece Rowaen and to help her sister out a bit. This week has been tough (as you are well aware if you've been reading) and I didn't have her here to vent to and to distract me from the frustrations. So, a call from her at 9:30 this morning was just what I needed to start my day off right. Can't wait for her to get home on Sunday! When you live 17 houses apart and have been besties for 10 years, a week seems like ages when you are seperated! We had her husband Layne for dinner last night and I really missed her then - its not often we have Layne without Dee!

Then we were off to a playdate with this lady and her son, who was born the same day as Levi! Our boys are birthday buddies! We had a great visit and did a clothing swap. So fun!

I've been working hard (mostly!) to get into shape since the spring and as a result have had a bunch of clothes that no longer fit me. Yay! I cleaned out my closet last week and got rid of SO MUCH stuff. I offered any of my friends a chance to look through my giveaways and take what they wanted. Today my friend and I swapped our unwanted clothes. I came home with a few "new to me" sweaters, tshirts and pants. I love new clothes, even if they aren't "new".

Then after feeding the boys lunch and putting them down for a nap and quiet time, I was off for a girls' afternoon to the Spruce Meadows Christmas Market with my friend Erica and her little pumpkin Olivia. (Chris stayed home with our boys.) We had a great time visiting and checking out all the vendors and their products.

I got a few Christmas decorations and a few other treats as well. Here are some photos of my purchases:


I'm such a sucker for all things Saskatoon flavoured. I tried both of these ciders and loved them and had to have them. I am not a coffee drinker (I just can't learn to like it) but love warm drinks so this is what I will be drinking this winter! I'm actually sipping a cup of the raspberry one right now. Delish!

Mmmmmm, fudge! I got the mint one for Chris, the coconut for myself and the Rootbeer one becasue it was free and I thought it would be fun to try. And its yummy! Tastes just like a rootbeer float!



I just love this. Its a bit too "country" for Chris' taste but I think it is just so beautiful and homey. I can't wait to find a home for it. Also, it was a steal of a deal at only $15! Its big, heavy and handmade by the vendor. My favorite purchase of the day.


I thought that this metal bow/bell would look perfect on our door to the basement. I love the vintage-y look of it.

Chris and I actually got this adorable little guy last week when we were at HomeSense. It is made completely of bark that has been somehow shaped into this figure. Again, a bit "country-ish" for Chris but I thought it was too cute to pass up.
I love Christmas and I love decorating. We've slowly been acquiring Christmas decorations over the years that we can call our own. I'm looking forward to maybe finally this year having my "fancy tree" in the foyer/ formal living room as well as our real family tree in the living room. And by real, I mean not artificial, not real family. LOL
Traditionally I don't begin Christmas decorating til after my birthday on December 1st, but this year I am getting into the spirit of things a bit earlier and am slowly putting things out. Usually the transformation occurs closer to mid-December after we get our tree from the tree lot.
Watch for more pictures as I slowly begin to transform our house into our Christmas wonderland! :)

















3 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

Love your purchases! Sounds like a great day!

CanadianMama said...

I had so much fun with you and the boys! They sure are cute!!
ps. I don't like coffee either!

Karyn said...

LOve the wreath, the bell, and the reindeer....but then, I'm a bit of a sucker for the 'country' look.