Tuesday, November 17, 2009

From Bad to Worse

The tiles came down today. What we thought (hoped) was a problem with the shower seems to have seeped behind the tub as well. So, the tub will most likely be coming out, rebuilt and put back in.


Also, there is quite extensive mold behind almost all the tile and possibly into the floor.


We can't afford to replace our floor at this point so I'm not sure if we will be in a bedroom with a plywood floor until we can afford new flooring or what.


It seems every time I went in to check with Chris on the progress he had more bad news. So I stopped going to ask.


To top things off, we can't sleep in our room because of the mold. So, we are back to sleeping on our old, miserable bed in the basement. I guess after this is all done I will appreciate my new bathroom and new bed even more.


Here are some pictures of Day 1 of the forced bathroom reno:



Before


You can see the mold that had built up behind the tile
water damage behind the tile into our bedroom wall



The wall torn apart - this is where we first saw some of the extent of the damage.

No comments: