Sunday, February 15, 2009

About Us....


Another idea stolen from my Auntie Karyn's blog...


Here are some random questions and answers about Chris and I:


Q. What are your middle names?

A. His: Warren (after his father)

Hers: Lynn (same middle name as my mom)


Q. How long have you been together?

A. This May we will have been a couple for 10 years. Its hard to believe that it has been that long! We were married on September 7, 2002, so this September we will celebrate our 7th anniversary.



Q. How long did you know each other before you started dating?

A. About 3 years....some of our friends were in the same circles. I originally met him when we were each dating someone else and we had a double movie date. We dated very briefly in high school, and then we got back together about a year and a half after that.


Q. Who asked who out?

A. I'm not entirely sure. We were good friends and at some point we started dating.


Q. How old are each of you?

A. Chris is 28 and I am 27


Q. Whose siblings do you see the most?

A. I think it is pretty balanced....we see both of our families fairly regularly. I speak to my sister Jessica quite regularly and Chris' sister Jacquie quite regularly.


Q. Do you have any children together?

A. Yes…..Luca is two and a half and Levi is 9 and a half months old. We also have 2 angel babies that we lost through miscarriage.


Q. What about pets?

A. 2 years into our marriage, when we were living in a place that allowed pets, we brought my dog, Hope to live with us. She lived in our home from 2004-2008. She was 13 years old when she passed away in April, a week before Levi was born. I had almost always had a dog in my life, so I was really missing having a dog around. So, when Levi was a mere 3 months old, we welcomed a black lab/sheperd cross puppy into our home. Loki was 10 weeks old when we got her (crazy, I know!!!). Loki is now almost 9 months old and we adore her and so do the boys.


Q. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?

A. I would have to say that finding time to be alone together is the toughest. Any parents with young children can relate, I'm sure.


Q. Did you go to the same school?

A. We went to the same high school – Ponoka Composite in Ponoka. Chris was a grade ahead of me.


Q. Are you from the same home town?

A. Depends on what is considered your home town…..I lived in Blackfalds from the time I was 2 until I was 14, but I actually consider Ponoka my hometown. I lived there from age 14 until I moved away to attend University. My parents still live there. Chris lived in Ponoka from age 4 until he graduated high school and moved to Edmonton. His parents also still live in Ponoka.


Q. Who is the smartest?

A. We both excel in different areas, but I think if we were to take an IQ test, he would definitely score higher. He is so very techinically and mathematically minded, while I lean more to the Humanities side of things. Chris has a fantastic memory for facts and trivia but can't remember where he put his keys. LOL


Q. Who is most sensitive?

A. Most definitely me. I am a crier- I cry very easily and my feelings get hurt very easily. I internalize a lot of things and take things personally. Sometimes I have to remind Chris to show some emotion.


Q. Where do you eat out most as a couple?

A. We don't eat out as a couple very often- Chris gets to eat lunch out fairly regularly at work and if I am going to eat out, it is usually the choice of my son, so McDonalds is usually the winner.


Q. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

A. We went to Cuba on our belated honeymoon 2 years after we were married (once we were no longer students and could afford to go somewhere). We went to Las Vegas January 2008 on a "babymoon" before we were the parents of 2 children. We have also been to Toronto together.


Q. Who has the worst temper?

A. Hard to say- I get frustrated and angry more often than Chris does, but when he does, he is usually pretty upset.


Q. Who does the cooking?

A. I do, but mostly because I am home to make the meals. Chris usually cooks on the weekends. Him and Luca love to make pancakes or waffles together so most weekends we have a brunch prepared by them. Chris is a wonderful cook.


Q. Who is more social?

A. I am. Most definitely.


Q. Who is the neat freak?

A. Me. I remember when we were first married thinking "What have I done? I can't live with him!". Mostly it was dishes that drove me crazy. I have become more and more picky about neatness since I have been a stay at home mom, since I am living in it all day.


Q. Who is the most stubborn?

A. My first instinct is to say most definintely Chris, but I suppose I have been called stubborn....


Q. Who hogs the bed?

A. Me. No doubt about it. I LOVE to sleep in the middle of the bed, or when Chris is gone, diagonally across the bed. Poor Chris sleeps right on the edge most nights.


Q. Who wakes up earlier?

A. On weekdays, Chris gets up at 5am for work. But on weekends, it is almost always me that hears the kids first and gets up.


Q. Where was your first date?

A. Don’t know if you’d call it a date…..the first time we dated (briefly, when I was in grade 11), my parents were in town (Ponoka) doing something at the church. Chris picked me up and took me to Tim Hortons for a while to hang out. I was to be back at the church at a specific time so my parents could drive me home. I was late. Quite late. My punishment was to clean dog poop out of the kennels, which was quite a big job since my parents raised Beagles at the time.....That is the only reason why that night was memorable.


Q. Who has the bigger family?

A. Chris has 4 siblings. I have 2.


Q. Do you get flowers often?

A. When we were dating I did, but now it is pretty rare. Although I did get flowers on my last birthday, which was only 2 and a half months ago, so not too bad.


Q. How do you spend the holidays?

A. With our families. Most often with Chris' family because my parents both work and schedules don't always allow get togethers on holiday days.


Q. Who is more jealous?

A. I guess I am, although jealousy isn't an issue for us.


Q. How long did it take to get serious?

A. Chris gave me a promise ring after we had been dating about a year.


Q. Who eats more?

A. He does


Q. Who does the laundry?

A. Usually me because I am home to do it.


Q. Who is better with the computer?

A. HA! Most definintely Chris. I am kind of a computer dummy.


Q. Who drives when you are together?

A. Chris does. Unless he has had a drink or 2. Or 3..... Then I am the driver.


Well, there you have it. Some random facts about Chris and I.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Very interesting, Jan....you are a bed hog, are you? LOL

I'm so glad you have such a good man to love you and take care of you! I like him alot....he's such a good daddy, too. Good job snagging him!