Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fun Run

Yesterday was the Crossfield Fun Run for the food bank. It was the 5K that I had been training for. My first ever 5K run. I was excited, nervous, eager, proud, anxious....

In addition to the adult 5K, there was also a kid's 1.2 km run as well. The kids chased the vintage firetruck along their route and were rewarded with a medal at the finish line. Both Luca and Levi took part.

The 3 of us before the run
 
The kids ran first and then the 5K began. We definitely had fun and it was for a great cause. I am proud of myself for finishing it (in 37 minutes) and have officially met the goal I set for myself this year (and the last few years)!
 
 
 Luca and his buddies warming up with the Jazzercise ladies
 Getting ready
 And the kids are off!
 Here comes Luca!
Here's Levi!
 
 
 Levi getting his medal
 


Luca, Levi and Jack proudly display their medals!
 
Dee and I before the run
 
Dee and I coming in to the finish! We did it!
 

No comments: