Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Working Moms

Once again, I am not bothering to write my own post but am stealing from a good friend.

She has a great post about how tough it can be to be a working mom; having to figure out all the logistics of work, kids, drop offs and pick ups, maintaining a home, etc.

And then the issue of emergencies...

Yesterday Dee, my best friend and dayhome provider had to go into the doctor due to what turned out to be a tear in her cornea or something like that. Very painful and not good for vision!

Luckily I was subbing at the virtual school and there were no students in the building in the afternoon and was able to leave quickly to collect my kids from the various friends' houses that they had been farmed off to while Dee went to the optometrist.

Yesterday afternoon made me very thankful for friends that are willing to open their homes to extra kids at a moment's notice. But it also made me consider the struggles that we, as working moms have compared to dads.

It also reminded me that we are so fortunate to live in a small town where we are friends with enough people and comfortable with those people to call on them in times of need.

Without further ado, please head over to my dear friend Julianne's blog and read her article on working moms.

No comments: