Saturday, September 12, 2009


We returned home from Vegas last night (this morning, actually) at about 130am.
After trying to unlock the door in the dark while being quiet so as not to wake the kids, we were finally inside. Chris and I both pretty much dropped our bags and went to peek in on the sleeping princes.

We had a great time and it was so nice to spend time with our friends as well as time alone with eachother. But, as nice as it is to get away, it is nice to come home again, too.

The weather there was fantastic- about 35-40 degrees all week. At night it cooled down to about 30! Chris and his lobster-red skin can attest to the heat! I wore sunscreen.....he did not.

We did some shopping... ok, who am I kidding? We did a lot of shopping! We saw some shows, did lots of sightseeing and ate lots of yummy food and just enjoyed being somewhere new, without kids and with great friends.

The flight there was not a good one for me. I get motion sick. Very motion sick. I spent a good portion of the flight with my head between my knees and a sickness bag clutched in my hands, a bag of ice on the back of my neck. Ugh. Not a good way to start a vacation. I had forgotten Gravol, which is why I was so sick so I was sure to get some before heading home. Actually, I got Drammamine, as it is called in the states, I discovered. Also, it is not behind the counter as it is here. When you ask for it here, they record your info to track it for some reason. Drammamine in my tummy, the flight home was much, much better.

When we arrived at the airport in Vegas (on mine and Chris' 7th anniversary!) we went to get our luggage. Dee and I were completely involved in finding out where to pick up our baggage, we didn't notice the limo driver waiting with the GRAHAM sign until Chris informed us that we had someone to help us with our luggage. A limo!!!! Our wonderful husbands arranged to have a limo pick us up, with champagne and roses waiting and take us on a 1 hour tour before dropping us off at the hotel. We also got to ride back to the airport in the limo- a nice change from the public transportation we had been riding all week.

The limo ride was great as was the champagne. Dee and I were giddy with anticipation! :)

The picture is a little dark but here are Chris and I at the famous Las Vegas sign.

Dee and I saw the Bodies Exhibit (check out the site! and some photos here) which was amazing. The guys thought it would be too gross, so we went without them. They were actual bodies that had been preserved. By far my favorite part was the fetal development section. Just incredible.

We went to Freemont Street which is "old Vegas" and has been re-vamped with a light show on the ceiling of the outdoor street. Here are Chris and I on Freemont Street.

We also saw a Cirque du Soliel show, which was impressive, as we anticipated.

Thursday afternoon was spent lounging by the pool, where Chris met his sunburn.

Friday afternoon before heading home we went to the Shark reef Aquarium, America's only predator based aquarium where we saw many interesting fish and sharks. Here's a photo of me touching a large sting ray. They are so soft, like well worn leather.

We had a great time, but 4 days was more than enough for one trip. We were ready to come home. There is so much to see and do in Vegas, though. That was our second trip and I see us going back again some day because there are just so many incredible shows to take in and sights to be seen. Vegas is way more than drinking and gambling!


Poltzie said...

How sweet is it that the guys got a limo!!

Looks like a great time and I hear ya about coming home! I'm the exact same way!!

The Tompkins Family said...

So glad you had such a nice time!

Karyn said...

Your man is so romantic! A limo and a rose at the airport?! What a guy...

It is nice to hear about things to do in Vegas that do not involve sitting in a casino all night.

Glad you had such a good time, but I'm also glad you are home.