Wednesday, September 02, 2009

More catch up!

It seems like I am always playing catch-up! I have good intentions to post regularly, I really do!
Unfortunately, since I haven't been very good at posting, here's another general post about what has been happening with us the past month.

In Early August, we were thrilled to finally meet Lisa, Tom's girlfriend. Because her and Tom live in Ottawa, it hasn't been possible to meet her until this summer when she joined Tom for the wedding of a good family friend. We absolutely loved her and don't hold it against her that she is keeping Tom out East away from all of us! ;)

The wedding that we attended was an absolutely gorgeous outdoor wedding at the home of the groom's parents. The groom and his family have been close friends with Chris' family for years. All of the flowers for the wedding were different types of Dahlias and were grown right there in the Kusiek's yard. They were absolutely amazing and as far as I know they are still enjoying many blooms from their Dahlia garden!

We went camping at Pigeon Lake with my parents as well as the Sowers family (Brock- my soon to be brother in law's parents) and the Campbell family (Brock's sister's family). That weekend was the birthday party for my nephew Donovan who turned 4. Hard to believe that he is 4 already! We had a nice time camping and at the party. It was great to be able to visit and we enjoyed our last camping weekend of the summer.

My sisters came and stayed with me for a few days this month which was fun. We did girly things like painting nails and watching chick flicks with popcorn and slurpees. My sisters and I have lots of fun when we are together- they are some of my very best friends and I love spending time with them. I miss that we are not as close geographically as we used to be.

Last weekend was Jessica, my baby sister's Bridal shower and stagette. It was a wonderful day to celebrate the upcoming wedding of Jessica and Brock. We had a lot of fun at the stagette as well, dressing her up and making her ride the mechanical bull! Jessica and Brock will be getting married in a very intimate ceremony in Canmore followed by a celebration reception a few weeks later in Wetaskiwin. Our Bridesmaids dresses arrived on the weekend as well and we are all very happy with the result. They are just beautiful. I can't wait for the big day!

This past week has been busy with getting things ready for Vegas for Chris and I, getting the boys laundry washed and packed to go to Ponoka and tidying the house. Only 5 more days, we can't wait! We are so excited to be going on a child-free holiday with our best friends!

Today was also the first meeting of the MOPS steering team. We started to plan our year and I am so excited for the first meeting. MOPS is such a wonderful organization and I don't know what I would do without it here! This fall there has been 2 MOPS groups started at churches in Airdrie, which is fantastic to see it reaching out to more moms that might need some support and friendship.

Well, that's our last month in a nutshell. I will try to add some pictures later, I am on my laptop right now with all my photos being on the desktop PC upstairs. So, for now all you get is words!

Til we get back from Vegas.....................

No comments: