Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sick.

Sometimes what I need to force me to slow down is being sick. But then sometimes even that isn't enough. I've worked this week even though my chest is tight and my cough is horrendous.

Having a little boy puking and wanting to cuddle his momma? That is enough to make me log on to my sub dispatch system and mark myself unavailable.

So today, Levi and I are hanging out at home in our jammies. The puking part is over thankfully but the cuddles and laziness remain.

I'm letting myself slow down and just sit. Near my littlest boy. Coughing and coughing and coughing.

I want someone to come snuggle me and make me feel better too.

I can take sick days from teaching but there are no sick days when Mommy is sick and a child is also sick. I've got to don my cape and get through til bedtime. Then I can rest.

No comments: