Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

  • I have such respect for moms that work full time! I worked part time this week (and will be for the next week or 2) and I'm wiped! I'm only working from 9-11:30 Monday to Thursday mornings but its been so busy! My day starts at 6:45 when I get up, shower and get ready. Somewhere in there the boys get up and need to be fed and dressed. Then we fight to get out the door (why is it always a fight to put shoes and coats on?!?) where we drop Levi off at Dee's and I pick up Adelynn and Houston for school.  We get to school and wait for the bell to ring at 8:40 so they can go in, then I rush out to the colony and make it just before 9.  My morning working with the little boy is busy and goes by so quickly. Then at 11:30, I rush back to town to be at the school for 11:40 to pick the kids up. We drop off Adelynn and Houston and I pick up Levi and we head home for lunch (unless Dee has graciously already prepared lunch for the boys).  Try as I might in the afternoons, I don't get much done. Then evenings seem to be busy with client meetings, library board meetings, etc. I was really looking forward to having today off to catch up on laundry and housework, but here I sit, on the computer! ;)

  • The weather has been pretty great but this weekend is going to be our "clean up" weekend. I'm going to harvest my little garden, put flower pots away, yard furniture away, etc. Chris is going to winterize the trailer and take it to Ponoka to be stored for the winter.

  • Next weekend we are going on a little family holiday to Edmonton. We're going to stay in a hotel downtown (the boys are excited to stay in a "skyscraper"- we live in a small town where the tallest building is 3 floors! LOL) I managed to book us into a room on the 27th floor, so that will be fun for them. We're also going to go to West Ed and the Waterpark. The boys love swimming and have recently begun to love waterslides, so this is the motherlode!  Since we didn't get much camping or holidaying in this summer, this is going to be our little getaway. I've only got a few more weeks until I am on call again so we are definitely taking advantage of the free time!

  • Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a spontaneous, hour long phone call with a dear friend. We typically "talk" a few times a week via Blackberry Messenger and rarely talk on the phone. It was so nice to just chat, laugh and enjoy each other. I don't know why we don't have phone dates more often. I think we should.  Makes the fact that she is 3 hours away seem not so far.  I think we're going to try to Skype so the kids can see each other too!  What would we do without technology?!

  • Being in school/ dayhome means passing bugs from kid to kid. Levi woke up this morning with a horrible cough and he is MISERABLE.  I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later but it certainly doesn't make it any easier to deal with!  Surprisingly, so far Luca doesn't even have a sign of the sniffles.

2 comments:

The Tompkins Family said...

I was surprised when I got off the phone to see that it had been an hour! I agree, WAY more often!! You never know what other secrets about me you'll find out. ;)

Cortney said...

Have a blast in Edmonton. How fun for the kiids!