Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Birthday Blessings

Yesterday was my 28th Birthday. I felt so blessed! What a great day!




Chris brought home the traditional DQ ice cream cake for my birthday which we had as a pre-dinner dessert. I wanted a piece before I headed out for my birthday surprise with Dee, where I was informed I would have supper. The boys were thrilled with ice cream BEFORE lasagne! Levi just couldn't keep his eyes off the cake! It was his first experience with ice cream cake and I think he was a bit surprised at first but quickly polished off his piece and asked for more!




After cake, I was picked up by Dee for my night out. We then picked up a few more ladies and hit the highway for the city. We arrived at Moxie's and there were 4 more ladies waiting for us! I was so surprised and blessed that so many people made the effort to have dinner with me to celebrate my day. It was awesome! Another good friend came a bit late, after having worked a 12 hour shift in the ICU, 5 months pregnant and undoubtedly tired. How lucky am I that she came rather than heading home and crawling into her bed to catch some sleep before her 5am wake up call the next morning?







We had appetizers, dinner, dessert and drinks and there was so much laughter and good conversation. I see most of those ladies on a regular basis, but we are all moms of young kids and the visits are never quite the same when they are constantly interrupted by kids and have little ears present, too! ;)

I had such a great night out and felt so blessed by those gals!

Oh, also one of the girls gave me lotto tickets in my card and I won $22! Woo hoo!

I am super excited for tomorrow now to see what birthday surprise my wonderful husband has in store for me! All I know is to dress up, not eat supper and that he has arranged babysitting and that he thinks this particular activity might have to become a birthday tradition.....Hmmmmm. I'll keep you posted after tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Raelene said...

Too cute!! DQ cake is the best!! Happy Birthday :)

The Tompkins Family said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I so wish I could've gone to Moxie's...I was all ready for the original day and then when it changed and I couldn't go I was so disappointed! Glad you had a blast!

CanadianMama said...

Happy Birthday Janice! You deserve all the great gifts, cake and surprises you got and many more!!

ps.The bathroom looks great; I love the tile!

Karyn said...

glad you had a good time.

What was the surprise on Thursday night?