Monday, May 07, 2007

An offer accepted...

Last night at about 9 pm, after a lot of back and forth between the sellers and us, we agreed upon a price and conditions for the Crossfield house. So, as long as our house sells by the end of May, we will be moving into our dream house July 13th. I will try to get some pictures of it up soon.

We worked our butts off today to get the last of the painting done, get some cleaning done, and packed up some stuff that we didn't really need taking up space before our house was viewed this evening.

The people that came to see the house are our age, we went to high school with them (know them but aren't part of the same circle of friends). I didn't really get a good 'vibe' from them as far as interest in the house goes. They zoomed through pretty quickly. But, they said they'd call us tomorrow and let us know for sure.

I'm pretty sure that we'll be hiring a realtor tomorrow.

I don't know if I am quite prepared to see a For Sale sign in frontof our house. I am pretty sure that there will be tears. Lots of them.

But, the paperwork for the Crossfield house is signed, not to mention Chris has accepted the positon, so there is no turning back now.....

I have a lot of mixed feelings churning around in my belly right now.

On another note, I left Luca for the longest amount of time yet on Sunday- 7.5 hours!!!! He stayed with my mom, Jessica, Sarah and Donovan. From the sounds of it he had a blast and didn't miss Mommy or Daddy one bit! We thought that he would have a better day playing than coming with us to look at the Crossfield house again, sitting in the car, etc.. I think we were right!

Then today, he went over to Jacquie's for 6 hours to play so that we could get some work done around the house.

He was away from me for as long as he would be when I return to work. Hmmmm. Maybe I am a bit more ready to cope with leaving him than I thought? I am scheduled to go back after the long weekend. Sigh. At least now I know that I can do it. But, boy, did I miss my little man, and I was so happy to see him and kiss him, even though he didn't really seem to care that I was back. Stinker!

Oh, also I started weaning Luca about 2 weeks ago now. I started by taking away one feeding (at his morning nap) and replacing it with a bottle. It was a tough few days, but then all seemed to be going well. When I began to take away a second nursing session (before his afternoon nap), he became rather upset with me and refused me all together. HE quit ME COLD TURKEY!!!! Seriously when I tried to nurse him, he would SCREAM like I was torturing him until he got a bottle. So, I guess he is completely weaned. I was still hoping for the bedtime feedings, but I guess not. Oh well, at least he's weaned, right?

Unfortunately, I ended up with quite a bad case of mastitis due to this. Sigh. Not to worry, its all cleared up now.

Not only did Luca not want to nurse, he wanted NOTHING, I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with me when it came to feeding, changing and cuddling (playing was still ok). He would not let me feed him, so I had to think up nutritious finger food meals for him, he would not allow me to hold his bottle, and he did not want to be cuddled by me. It was a pretty emotional few days.

I am told by the meanie that thought this was just too hilarious that this is common, and that Luca was just telling me that he was mad at me for taking away his nursing time. (Not to mention any names...Pat!) Anyway, I am glad to report that he loves me again and will let me be his Mommy again.

He has a 3rd tooth, as well (I think I may have already posted about that, but can't remember for sure.). The 4th is right under the surface. We'll see if it comes through or goes back into hiding for a while....

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Wow! you have had an emotional time of it! moving, buying ,selling, weaning, being rejected by baby, getting sick.....what a roller coaster! How are you holding up? I'm glad to hear Luca is back to being happy to be your baby.

I hope you are able to sell your house in the allowed time. Don't worry, you are only selling a house, not a home, and not the memories.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new house!

Anonymous said...

I am no a MEANIE...... Pat