Monday, December 10, 2012

Kid Funnies

I try to remember all the funny things my kids say but it's hard to keep them in my memory just as they said them. Here are a few recent ones that I don't want to forget. I got really good laughs from each of them.


Levi:

One Sunday afternoon, Levi and I were cuddling on the couch watching Teletoon. Unfortunately, that channel has commercials and some are lenghthier ad/ infomercial.  This day the one that came on between shows was for a hair removal product. I tuned out and was flipping through a magazine but Levi was apparently watching closely because when it was done, he turned to me and in a very serious voice told me "Mom, you should get the No-No. It will remove ALL your hair!"  I wasn't sure whether to think it was cute or be offended (I've decided cute is the way to go) but I sure did laugh.

Another time he told me I needed to have another baby so I could get a baby food maker and "make all my own healthy baby food" that he had seen on an infomercial.

Proof that advertising works!
_________________________

There is this little girl in Levi's class that he has fallen in love with. He has talked about her nearly daily since September. Apparently the feeling is mutual.

One day as we were driving, our conversation went like this:

L: "Mom, I love Destiny because she is the prettiest girl I know"
Me: "That's nice to say, honey." (not totally listening at this point)
L: "I'm going to marry her when I grow up"
Me: "Oh really?" (my interest a bit piqued)
L: "Yep I am."
Me: "Where will you live?"
L: (said like it was a no-brainer) "At our house with you and Daddy."
Me: "Oh, ok. That sounds nice"
L: "And we will have two kids. A boy and a girl. Their names will be Johnny and Angelina".
Me: (laughing.......)


_________________________

In our house, we have always used the proper names for body parts. The boys have always called their penis' a penis and when it has come up, have told them the proper names for female body parts. We haven't made a big deal out of it and they don't usually use the words to be silly or gross (except Levi recently has taken to saying "penis" almost every chance he gets and laughing hysterically). Its (usually) just a name for a body part around here.

But when I got the following text from Dee, I nearly peed my pants laughing....

 
Not a broken leg or cut or bad heart but a missing vagina! Yes, I can see how that would be a problem!

No comments: