Saturday, April 28, 2012

Playing Catch up

Its been mentioned to me numerous times by numerous people that I haven't posted in a while... Oops. So, here is a quick little catch up post, hopefully to be followed by some better posts soon.

  • Chris and I went to the Dominican over Easter. Just the 2 of us. The first 3 or 4 days kid free were wonderful but then we really started to miss them. There was so much they would have loved. We've decided that 3 or 4 days sans kids is the perfect amount of time. Long weekend vacations are in our future, I think!

  • I held a huge snake while we were on vacation. SO out of character for me! Eek!





  • My baby turned 4 last week. Four! Wow.  We had a LEGO party for him the weekend before his birthday (LEGO birthday post to come!). On his actual birthday, he informed me that he would not be 4 until he ate cake. The problem? I wasn't planning on making another cake. So, off to the bakery for some cupcakes I went!

  • How is it possible that my baby is 4 and my oldest is only 8 weeks away from being finished Kindergarten?! Before I know it they will be driving cars, graduating, getting married......ok, maybe I'm getting a bit carried away but seriously- where has the time gone??

  • The boys are eagerly awaiting the start of soccer season. Hopefully they will be starting next week!

  • We had some cold, rainy days this week. Although it was miserable, it is so amazing to see how just a little bit of rain can bring out the green in the grass! Yay for Spring!

  • Next weekend my sisters, my mom and I are having a Spa Day. It was a Christmas gift from my parents. I'm really looking forward to it. Brunch, Massages and Pedicures. Bliss!

  • There aren't many things better in life than great visits with wonderful friends. I've been lucky enough to have those recently. There is something so comforting about sitting down with someone who knows you so well and being able to talk about anything and everything. And being comfortable being together but not talking. Companionable silence, not awkward.

No comments: