Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

  • My wonderful, dear friend Tasha and her lovely family are coming for the weekend. I get to watch their girls tonight while they go to the wedding of a friend and then tomorrow will be filled with visiting, laughing, playing and eating a turkey dinner.  I've been looking forward to this weekend for weeks and am so excited it is here!

 
  • In honor of the Tompkins family visiting, I finally got around to cleaning my house!  I just needed some motivation! I do love a clean house, I just don't like cleaning it!

 
  • Remember my bout with food poisining in Edmonton? Ya, well......  Tuesday afternoon I started getting pretty bad pains in the lower right area of my abdomen. By supper time it was pretty bad, so Chris took me to the hospital (the walk in clinic was only open for another hour and it wasn't likely we'd be seen and have to go to Didsbury to the hospital anyway). By the time we got there, I was in tears and when the doctor examined me and pressed on my stomach I wanted to punch him in the face. Right away the nurse started an IV and gave me morphine for the pain. (Side note: I really don't get how people can be addicted to that stuff and like how it makes them feel- I felt horrible! So sleepy and out of it and just blah.)  They also did bloodwork right away.  Then they sent me for an x-ray. My bloodwork showed that my white blood cell count was not elevated at all, which means I wasn't fighting an infection, so it probably wasn't my appendix like we all thought. The x-ray showed that I had a blockage in my bowel. Yep, that's right. Super embarrassing to go to the hospital thinking your appendix is raging when I'm really just full of crap. Literally.  Anyhoo.... the doc figures that I didn't have food poisoning but that I was in so much pain and sick from the issues with my bowel. On one hand, good news that it wasn't food poisoning from Olive Garden (which I love), bad news that it made me so ill and then in so much pain a few days later.  And before you ask- yes, I had been going to the bathroom, but clearly not enough. And no, I didn't/ don't feel all "backed up".  Sorry if this was TMI, but hey, I already wrote about how deathly ill I was on the weekend, so thought a followup was due. ;)

 
  • Funniest thing ever. Enough said.
Luca brought this home from school yesterday. I texted his teacher and asked if she laughed when she had to write that for him. She replied that she nearly died and then told him that his mom and dad were going to laugh so much when they read that. And, yes, we did.
  • I love the smell of bleach. Things just don't feel clean to me  unless they are "bleachy" clean. I tried using Norwex products but my bathrooms just didn't feel clean unless they were cleaned with a bleach product.   I do love Norwex for other things, just not bathrooms. And floors. I like to add a bit of bleach when I mop my floors. Someone stopped by my house today and said "it smells like a swimming pool in here". I love that smell!

  • Speaking of cleaning bathrooms, why is it that boys can pee just about anywhere BUT the toilet bowl??  I'd have been happy if my boys never learned to pee standing up, but they did and now our bathrooms perpetually smell like pee. Unless they smell like bleach.

  • Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

CanadianMama said...

That's horrible about the bowel issues! Hope you are feeling better!! Do they know why it happened or what you can do about it? I agree - I have no idea how anyone could like morphine - it's horrible hey!!

Have a great Thanksgiving :)

Jenn said...

Morphine makes me puke! I HATE it!!
I too love the smell of bleach! Swimming pool smell is the best smell ever! :)

Karyn said...

Care to tell us how Luca knows about paddy wagons? Hmmmmm?

Sorry about the full of crap thing - Although I've never experienced it, I've witnessed the pain it causes. Hope you get it figured out!