Monday, August 10, 2009

Surgery Update

Last week I finally got the call from the booking department at the hospital that I had been waiting for. They had a surgery date for me!

They gave me a September 3rd appointment, which I had to decline as we leave for Vegas on the 7th and I certainly didn't want to be recovering from surgery while in Vegas! So, the next available date that they could give me was September 22nd, which will be 2 months to the day since I saw the surgeon. Not too bad considering my family doc said to expect a 3-6 month wait.

My surgery is only a week and a half before I am a bridesmaid in Jessica's wedding, but the surgeon's office assured me that I will be just fine by then. I sure hope so.

I am also still on the cancellation list, so there is a possiblity that I could be called to go in earlier.

My tummy has been not too bad the past few weeks, but I have learned that that can change at a moment's notice so I have been carrying my medication with me wherever I go. That seems to be providing enough relief until my surgery date.

No comments: